On 09/20/2016 04:56 PM, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
There was a post made on the forums just recently that said that using

|i915.preliminary_hw_support=1

on the kernel command lijne makes it work for at least some Skylake
chips with the standard CentOS kernel.

Skylake support is *meant* to be in 7.2 onwards.

Beautiful! Thanks Trevor, this works for me with the standard kernel.

bumblebee+nvidia doesn't work yet, but at least I can work with the regular kernel and elrepo goodies. I'll investigate bb+nvidia and may get back to the list if I find a solution.

|On 20/09/16 15:46, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
Hi again,

as posted a short while ago, I have a new Acer Aspire E5-575G-55DE
laptop and am trying to get C7 running on it.

This laptop has an intel i5-6200U with integrated HD Graphics 520. It
also has an nvidia GeForce GTX 950M.
Installing kmod-nvidia and bumblebee as explained [1] results in the
"Oh no! Something has gone wrong" screen. I suspect that's because the
regular C7 kernel and xorg-x11-drv-intel don't support the intel 520.

Booting into kernel-lt, it seems the intel 520 works...? This is
surprising because Farkas Levente's recent post to this list suggested
that a newer xorg-x11-drv-intel should be needed, in addition to the
newer kernel. But I have a bunch of OK-looking intel messages in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log , and glxinfo says:
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Skylake ULT GT2

Question 1: does this mean the intel 520 works fully under kernel-lt?
If not, what should I look at?

Assuming the intel GPU works under kernel-lt, I could then hope to get
nvidia and bumblebee working. I've been using the elrepo nvidia
drivers for ages, but I could use the nvidia-provided installer and
hope it doesn't clobber anything (which I doubt...).
Question 2: any caveats here?

Finally I would need to get bumblebee working, otherwise the nvidia
stuff is useless. However, bumblebee requires kmod-bbswitch...
Question 3: I guess I would have to rebuild bbswitch [2] for
kernel-lt, but could I still use the elrepo-provided bumblebee ?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.
Regards,
Nicolas

[1] http://elrepo.org/tiki/bumblebee
[2] https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/bbswitch