This didn't work well for me. I have a SuperMicro X11SSV-Q motherboard
with an i7-6700 (6th gen i7) processor. When I enable this option, the
system boots (although I can tell that it does something different, the
standard font that the bootup messages display in is smaller, and I get a
bunch of DRM warnings).
However, once the Centos login screen appears, it is like the screen is
twice as wide as it is supposed to be, but I can only see the right half
of the screen on the monitor. The mouse will slide to the left off the
border and take as much movement to get back on the visible screen. I can
blindly login using the keyboard, and my desktop appears, but again, only
apparently the right half. If I move the mouse, say up and down without
clicking the buttons, it is like it is dragging a shade over the screen
with the mouse. I can right click, then slide the mouse down and reveal
the right click menu.
Obviously it is not really useable in this state.
Perhaps something in Xorg.conf that needs to be tweaked?

Russ Poffenberger | System Architecture Group
Phone:  +1 / 408 / 635-6049
russell.poffenber...@xcerra.com
Xcerra Corporation, LTX/Credence Division
1355 California Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
09/20/2016 07:56 AM
Re: [elrepo] skylake and nvidia
Sent by:
elrepo-boun...@lists.elrepo.org

There was a post made on the forums just recently that said that using

i915.preliminary_hw_support=1

on the kernel command lijne makes it work for at least some Skylake chips
with the standard CentOS kernel.

Skylake support is *meant* to be in 7.2 onwards.