This is an interesting point.

I'd argue that in many respects, the ElRepo group is one of the primary reasons I've stayed on with Centos as it gives me newer kernels than what Redhat/Centos will. Packages is an entirely different discussion and I digress. Understanding all that, the 4.4.x kernels are already quite old. I don't have a good understanding of all the work that goes on behind the scenes for the ElRepo team to release new LT and ML packages but would it be possible to add more LT kernels? Maybe not all three of them but maybe 4.4 (for the conservative people), 4.14 (for the people who need a long life yet want a mostly modern kernel, and then the ML line for the bleeding edge users? I know this becomes more and more additive over the years but maybe a little more can be done to keep Centos up to date?

--David