> nvidia/intel, and an nvidia chip that doesn't see any connected
monitors.  I
> assume you've looked down the primus road?

Yes. I've looked, just have not tried installing primus yet. Also, I looked
at using
bumblebee. Going to try disabling in BIOS first, then I'll try primus then
bumblebee.
In BIOS I can change graphics to discrete instead of hybrid. I'll test each
of them.
Figured I would send a message to list first, before looking at other
roads. I though
perhaps maybe a config option in xorg.conf needed to be tweaked.

Also, just to clarify where you say "connected monitors", I don't have any
external
monitors attached to the P70 laptop, currently just using the laptop
display.

Also, I'm not really concerned about battery at the moment. As this laptop
is 90-100%
always connected to AC power source.

Thanks
Doug