On Aug 21, 2008, at 5:08 AM, David Reitter wrote:

> On 21 Aug 2008, at 03:33, Nick Roberts wrote:
>>
>> There were problems with this patch, e.g., ns-cursor-blink-rate not
>> defined
>> which appears to have been corrected
>
> Thanks Adrian for catching the missing checkin.
>
>> but I still get grey strips which are
>> opaque to the text until the cursor moves over them or I select the
>> region
>> with the mouse.
>
> Can you reproduce starting with Emacs -Q?

I can. After startup, select a row of text, click onto another
application, then back.  I don't know if this was there before the
patch.

As far as the (possibly separate) ghost cursor problem, I narrowed
down that it appeared between rc2a and rc3.  I'm studying the source
code diffs to determine the problem.

Adrian