Thanks, I didn't realize the shortcuts were arranged like that (I never manage to learn shortcuts for rarely used commands). The nice thing about visible export is that it prompts you in the minibuffer after you've typed

   M-x org-export-visible

For the ordinary export commands, there aren't prompts, so if you don't know the shortcuts, you must type the whole thing eg.

   M-x org-export-as-html-and-open

There is always tab completion but the org-export-visible prompt is nicer. I think that consistency in interface between the two types of export would also be nicer. But it's a small touch...

Scott