Eddward DeVilla wrote:

,----
|   - [ ] Q2 is a really, really, long Q and needs to be described in
|         excruciating detail.
`----

Which might be seen as more natural.  But it's not obvious for me.  Do
you think auto-refill should wrap the line like in the second example?

(I'm not speaking about explicit refilling with `M-q' here.)

Personally, I prefer the second example where the text aligns with
text instead of the checkbox.

I also much prefer the text aligning with the text not the checkbox. In fact I always seem to end up inserting a tab on the second line to force the alignment with M-q from then on.

Any way to guarantee this behavior would be an improvement in my eyes.

R.