[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jason F. McBrayer) writes:

> Manish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I have to use Office and envy folks that can link to their emails
>> (Gnus, VM etc.) and contacts (bbdb) from Org mode.  So I was looking
>> around and found that links to Outlook items (emails, meetings,
>> contacts etc.)  of the form "Outlook:<GUID>" can be stored and opened
>> from other applications.  The links can be created (copied to
>> clipboard) using "Outlook Linker" utility as described in [1].
>
> (w32-shell-execute "open" "outlook:blahblah") should do what you need.
> The tricky part is getting the GUID into Emacs (requires gratis but
> proprietary utility you link to).

Note: there is a better way of getting the GUID here:  doesn't require
you to install an extra program, just add a macro to your Outlook
settings:

http://mutable.net/blog/archive/2006/09/02/how_to_hyperlink_to_microsoft_outlook_messages.aspx

Now I just need to teach org-mode how to use w32-shell-execute to follow
those links...