On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Nick Dokos <ndo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It may be a bug: the code (in org-html-src-block) looks like this
>
>           (label (let ((lbl (and (org-element-property :name src-block)
>                                  (org-export-get-reference src-block
> info))))
>                    (if lbl (format " id=\"%s\"" lbl) ""))))
>
> and I'm wondering whether the "and" should be an "or".

Interesting. I don't know if it is a bug, though, as this seems intentional
and matches my experience. The idea being that if you want to label
something, you use the :name tag, but this will make it so the second item
is evaluated, producing a unique identifier. The unique identifier is then
assigned instead of the :name tag. If it was an, OR, however, then every
element block would get a label, and that might be suboptimal given that
not every block is referenced later.

I would still like to be able to add my own name tags, but understand why
this might have been changed to avoid to blocks having the same label.

--
Adam J. Aviv, PhD
*Asst. Professor*