One of the links between org and email is using org-mime-htmlize which will
take your email buffer (using gnus in my case but a message buffer) and create
a text+html mime encoded email in which the plain text is parsed as an org file
and exported to HTML.

I don't use this often but I do use it now and again, for instance when a table
is a necessary element of the email or if I want to have some LaTeX equations
in the email.

* An example

For instance, the following equation *may* appear in the email, depending on
what you are using to view your emails:

\begin{equation}
y = \sqrt{x}
\end{equation}

eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-739-g789412