Hi,

I am working as a sysadmin, In the organization, we use 2 tools to keep
track of requests sent by the customers/users. As you can expect, those
tools are not meant to be used to track all the gritty details of a
sysadmin's job.

So I am turning to org-mode (that I used for years) and its community to
find a way to organize my job and being able to track what I have done and
store the hundreds of lines of output from a command-line.

I was wondering if it was possible to create directories and files with
org-capture, based on data given interactively by the user.

My intention would be to work this way:

1. Create a directory for a request or a group of tasks or a project, in
short, an aspect of my job.
2. Create a file that will contain the information related to the request
in addition to a journal allowing me to keep track of what I have done and
store all the data that are useful to me.
3. Store anything that is related to that request or aspect of my job into
the related directory.
4. Being able to search for a particular aspect or getting a list of them
and access it.
5. When the job is done for an aspect, archive the directory.

So far, I was using the configuration of norang, but I don't thing it is
really adapted to my work-flow anymore.

I know that org-mode is capable of a lot of things, but I was wondering if
this is not a little bit to broad for org-mode to be an efficient tool. I
was even thinking that all of this should be done through a server, with
emacs being the interface to communicate with it.

I would like to ear from others, how they are dealing with a similar job
than mine using org-mode.

Hope everything is clear, and don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

Regards.