The org-export-with-broken-links option was introduced in order to
allow exports to proceed when a link isn't able to be resolved.
Sometimes this happens when trying to export a narrowed region of a
buffer.

I have noticed, however, that even if I have (setq
org-export-with-broken-links 't), I am still unable to export a
narrowed buffer that contains a footnote reference ("Definition not
found for footnote...").  Is this behavior intentional?  If so, is
there a way to get the same effect as org-export-with-broken-links for
footnotes?

Regards,

Mark