On Tue, Oct 4, 2016, at 03:57 PM, John Hendy wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Peter Davis <p...@pfdstudio.com> wrote:
> > I apologize in advance for the flood of questions, but I'm using org in
> > new ways now for creating documentation, and running into a lot of
> > issues.
> >
> > 1) Is there a way to automatically say "yes" to all the "Evaluate code
> > block...?" questions when I export, so I don't have to keep typing "yes"
> > over and over again?
>
> I googled "stop orgmode babel having to confirm" and got these:
> -
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/23946/how-can-i-stop-the-confirmation-to-evaluate-source-code-when-exporting-to-html
> -
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29952543/how-do-i-prevent-org-mode-from-executing-all-of-the-babel-source-blocks
>
> Both refer to babel variables you can set.[1] You can put them in a
> single file (at the very top):
>
> # -*- org-confirm-babel-evaluate: nil; -*-
>
> Or add this to .emacs
>
> (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)
>
> Or use #+bind[2] within a file (similar to the first local variable
> example).

Thanks, John (and others) for this! You've saved me a lot of annoying
typing.

> > 2) How does the export menu get set? I'm loading, for example,
> > ox-texinfo, but I don't see the option to export texinfo when I type C-c
> > C-e.  I'm also loading ox-pandoc, which shows me a slew of export
> > formats on my Mac, but only two, file and buffer, on my Win10 machine.
> >

> Guessing it's something on your side? Having never used it, I just added:
>
> (require 'ox-texinfo)
>
> I get an [i] option after C-e with various "Export to texinfo" options.

Interestingly, if I do M-x load-library ox-texinfo in emacs, it works
and I get the texinfo options. However, just loading it in my startup
file doesn't seem to be working. Curious.

> > 4) Is json a valid language for #+BEGIN_SRC? I don't see any syntax
> > highlighting in HTML or LaTeX/PDF output, and I'm getting errors from
> > LaTeX:
> >
> > ! Package Listings Error: language json undefined.
> >
> > Come to think of it, I think the org-mode doc lists both JavaScript (js)
> > and JSON (json) as supported languages for code blocks, but the Listings
> > LaTeX package doesn't list either of these.
> >

> Not sure where that was. I use this page as my reference and don't see
> it (but do see js):
> - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

Hmmm. I don't remember where I saw it offhand, but js didn't work
either. This page now tells me I need to have node.js installed.

Thanks!
-pd

--
  Peter Davis