I'm late to this thread but found it in researching a similar problem.  I
use designated targets to create a permanently-named internal HTML anchor
that I can use in providing a precisely-targeted complete URL that points
to a specific paragraph (as opposed to a section).  Example:  In the file
index.org, the org-mode dedicated target  <<ThisTarget>> should export to
HTML as: http://www.example.com/index.html#ThisTarget.  The name #ThisTarget
needs to be permanent because the document in question is a work in
progress.

Based on Nicolas's suggestion (downthread) about using #+HTML: or @@html: ,
I did a couple of quickie macros to create <a> anchors and links, but
that's a pain and clutters up the on-screen display in org-mode.
​​

​--D. C.​

D. C. Toedt III
Attorney & neutral arbitrator <http://www.OnContracts.com/arb-prefs>  —
tech contracts & IP
*(My last name is pronounced "Tate")*
O: +1 (713) 364-6545   C: +1 (713) 516-8968
​​

d...@toedt.com    @dctoedt <https://twitter.com/DCToedt>
​
Skype: dctoedt
​

www.OnContracts.com/About <http://www.oncontracts.com/About>
​​

Unless expressly stated otherwise,
this message is not intended to serve
as assent to an agreement or other document,
even if attached to this message.