Hi,

I'm trying to create some TODOs in different projects with deadlines based
on different software releases. My initial thought would be to use a
variable to set the deadlines. The reason being that planned deadline
sometimes slips to a later date and I would like to update the deadline in
one place.

I'm open to organize things differently, but this example should show what
I a m getting at.

Right now, this is what I'm doing

* proj1
** TODO bug1
   DEADLINE: <2017-01-31 Tue>
** TODO bug2
   DEADLINE: <2017-01-31 Tue>
** TODO bug3
   DEADLINE: <2017-02-01 Wed>
* proj2
** TODO feat1
   DEADLINE: <2017-01-31 Tue>
** TODO feat2
   DEADLINE: <2017-03-01 Wed>
** TODO feat3
   DEADLINE: <2017-06-01 Thu>

But I would like to do something like this so that I can keep the project
work together and update the release deadlines in one place as they change.

* releases
** foo
   DEADLINE: <2017-01-31 Tue>
** foo.1