Thank you Marco, this works really well.

I find myself switching back and forth between "capture" and "store link"
(I probably add links to things I'm writing more often than I actually
capture web pages).  I wrote to Olivier and he has already responded that
he will try to find some time to build a more flexible interface into the
plugin -- I have to say I love the org community sometimes it's quite a
revelation.