Le 05/01/2017 00:15, Charles C. Berry a écrit :
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2017, Achim Gratz wrote:
>

> I'm late to this party, but AFAICS input vars are processed just once.
>
> Running this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var a=(setq runvar (+ 1 runvar))
> #+END_SRC
>
> increments runvar by one each time it is run.
>
> So this seems not to be a general babel issue.
>
> ??
>
> Chuck

Right!
This is a Babel Gnuplot issue, not a Babel Core one.

My findings:
1- Babel Gnuplot generates two temporary files with identical content.
2- This consumes most of the time for large Org tables.
3- This is a Babel Gnuplot issue (only).
4- Babel Core put constraints on the parameters of functions
(xxx:gnuplot) (which is fine).

To bypass the second file generation under those constraints I have
found no other way than a temporary cache.