Thank you, John, for your answer. And no, it’s much too early for me to be sure … But C-c n does actually indent each (first) line with whitespace according to the number of asterisks in the heading.

The easiest and fastest solution is in fact deleting the leading whitespace in every line by replace-regexp (replace ^ + by nothing).