The purpose of the M-RET binding is to allow quick splitting of long
headlines generated during rapid brainstorming e.g.

* Common pets are cats and dogs

Can be quickly converted using M-RET to:

* Common pets are
* cats and
* dogs

This is a short distance from

* Common pets
  * cats
  * dogs

This used to be in the documentation, and I use this function all the
time.  I'd hate to lose it.