I can reproduce this if I have something like the following in the preamble:

#+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_ENV(Env) %10BEAMER_ACT(Act) %4BEAMER_COL(Col)
%8BEAMER_OPT(Opt)

org-set-property seems to be extracting these settings for use as heading
properties. Removing this line also removes the properties when using C-c
C-x p.