> Scott Otterson <sco...@sharpleaf.org> writes:
>
>> When I click on an internal link to an anchor, I get the error message:
>>
>> "Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p"

The problem has something do do with org-mouse.el --  if I go to Emacs
customize "Org Modules" and uncheck:

"mouse:   Additional mouse support"

then links work and there's no error message.

Things seem to go wrong at org-mouse.el, which adds code to org-mode-hook,
and that code adds advice to org-open-at-point; the advice calls
org-footnote-at-reference-p, where the problem starts.

I don't know if the call to org-footnote-at-reference-p should be removed
from the advice, or if org-footnote-at-reference-p should be fixed.

Scott