On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 1:44 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <m...@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Allen Li <vianchielfa...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> If org-agenda-files is set to a file through customize.el and that
>> file is missing, Org will fail to load at all.
>
> I cannot reproduce it. Could you provide the error message and a recipe?

1. emacs -Q
2. Evaluate in *scratch* buffer:

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-agenda-files "~/some-nonexistent-file"))

3. Open up any Org file: C-x f ~/tmp.org

4. Error appears in minibuffer: File mode specification error:
(file-error Opening input file No such file or directory
/home/bob/some-nonexistent-file)

5. Type

* asdf

6. Type M-RET, get error org-heading-components: Wrong type argument:
stringp, nil  This is because org.el was loaded partially (I think).

Other symptoms of partial loading: #+STARTUP does not have a face,
some other commands (but not all) result in errors