Hi Martin,

I discovered this only yesterday, when I started using org-mode from a git
checkout and the shortcuts stopped working. Turns out this functionality
now has to be enabled by loading the org-tempo library:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/org-tempo.el. In
principle, you can reenable them just by adding (require 'org-tempo) in
your Emacs config. The first time I did this, I was getting an error which
seemed to be caused by the value of the org-structure-template-alist
variable. I hadn't modified it myself, but I went into its customize screen
and reset it to the default, and that fixed the problem.

Hope this helps,
--Diego