On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 9:45 AM Karl Voit <devn...@karl-voit.at> wrote:

> > 2. Use `org-get-tags-at' with point on "Task 1" heading in your example.
> > `org-get-tags' returns a list of tags *only* at the current heading.
> > `org-get-tags-at' returns inherited tags too.
>
> You mean for developing a custom-made function that provides the
> feature I was asking for?

By "feature", you mean copying all the inherited tags to the heading at
point?

My suggestion implied that you can skip that copying step altogether and
directly use org-get-tags-at to gets all the inherited tags for the current
heading. That way, you wouldn't need to add redundant information to your
Org file.

> Yes, this helps a lot to me.

Great! :)

First, I wanted to get a confirmation that this feature is not
> already part of Org-mode because (as usual) this seemed obvious to
> me when using export functionality ;-)

It's not clear what you mean by "feature is not already part of Org-mode".
Org mode provides `org-get-tags-at', which any Org exporter can use. How
that function is used is, I think, very subjective. The way I use it in
ox-hugo is probably not used in other exporters.

--

Kaushal Modi