Hi Rasmus,

2018ko maiatzak 7an, Rasmus-ek idatzi zuen:

> They’d already have the "old" behavior if it’s enabled by default in
> org.el.

Indeed, my suggestion is not an alternative to keeping (what is now
called) org-tempo turned on by default indefinitely.  It is an
alternative to turning org-tempo off suddenly.

> Perhaps I’m too cruel or harsh after many years of dealing with the
> Emacs-way, but I do think that such as change is adequatly documented
> in ORG-NEWS and the manual.  (Days after a new release there will also
> be a stackoverflow question for the Googlers).

Here I am much more conservative than you: I think that puzzling users
so that they ask questions on stack overflow is an outcome that should
be avoided if possible.  I also think experience shows that ORG-NEWS is
missed by a significant fraction of users.

Besides, I am a programmer not a writer so I believe in the power of
code over prose :P

[...]

> Customize-changed would bring up the changes to
> org-structure-template-alist, which mentions Org Tempo.

Interesting.  I didnʼt know about that function.  I just tried M-x
customize-changed RET Org 9.0 RET.  That gives an error; it seems to
only work based on emacs versions and not package versions.  Thatʼs
unfortunate, it would have been nice if people who install org from ELPA
could use the function to keep up with org changes independently from
their emacs version.  (In fact, I just sent this as a feature request to
the emacs bug tracker, #31383)

--
Aaron Ecay