aneesh.ku...@linux.vnet.ibm.com (Aneesh Kumar K.V) writes:

> So my old org file when following git links is giving me error like
>
> "Log for master only goes back to 'x' date". Can we not refer a link
> via git:/filename::sha1::<linenumber> ?

AFAIK, there is no support for git links in Org mode. Perhaps you have
installed an extension? There is an org-git-link.el in contrib/. Is
that perhaps what you are using? If so, it might have bit-rotted a bit
and might need some TLC to bring it up to snuff (the contrib/ stuff is
just that: it's not part of Org mode proper, although the fact that
the code is immediately available often - but *NOT* always - means
that somebody will take a look and patch it.)

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler