I can not see any change in function with the new code. Alphabetical
sorting is fixedly case sensitive.

I am definitely running the new code for org-table-sort-lines at the head
of the master branch. I can see there have been changes. Universal argument
does not change the behaviour, either.

I am running this OS X High Sierra with English as a default language, so
the problem should not be the locale.

     -Heikki

Heikki Lehväslaiho - skype:heikki_lehvaslaiho cell: +358 40 850 6640
http://about.me/heikki