Yes, I tried the development version in that website. I believe
org-plus-contrib can be the issue. It is not working properly. It is
messing with table formatting a lot when I use <> to reduce the size of the
column. It works even worse with links of the type [[link][link label]] and
when I use org table edit field (C-c `) to edit the cell in a separate
window. When I go back from table edit field, it looses the alignment and
to get it back I need to either reopen the file or use the table edit field
again. I am using now the version 9.0.9 (org-plus-contrib-20170702), which
at least it does not mess with the alignment as much. The links, however,
still does not align properly. If I run emacs -Q, the alignment works
perfect, even with links. I use some features of org and org-plus-contrib,
so I will keep trying a little more. Sorry for not contributing more to fix
it. Maybe I at some point I will go over the .el files to try to figure out
what is going on.

--
Diogo Ferrari
PhD Candidate

Open Source! Use R! Use Linux! Use Emacs! Use Python!

"A vida é a arte de tirar conclusões suficientes de dados insuficientes"