Hello,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, 2:34 AM Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hu...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I am once again facing a situation where I would like to define a
> multiline org macro.

I'm not sure what that means, but based on your example a different
solution might work for you.

2. If not, could we have this feature? This would give us immediate
>    multiline macros in the following style, where referring to the value
>    of the variable could be done macro-style.
>
> #+HEADER: :var val1=foo
> #+BEGIN_SRC org :var val2=" bar"
>   Currently this gives me nothing but {{{val1}}}{{{val2}}}.

Org macros don't get evaluated inside src blocks as far as I know. But
Noweb might help you. Look for this feature in Org manual. I use Noweb as
"macros for src blocks".

> --

Kaushal Modi