On 2018-10-11, at 16:03, Bingo <right...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 10 octobre 2018 21:45:53 GMT+05:30, Marcin Borkowski <mb...@mbork.pl> a
> écrit :
>

>>- a warning when my efficiency is lower than a set value, and info
>>about
>>  how much work I need to do to bump it up to that value.
>>

> Nice, but it has an anti-feature.  For procrastinators, warnings frequently
> have negative effects. It can be understood in multiple ways :
>
> 1. "What the hell" effect : As Dr Art Marckman tells in the book "Smart
> Change" , there is a "what the hell" effect where the victim goofs off even
> more to the extent of giving up a goal if he realizes that he is falling
> behind schedule, or has goofed off more than was advisable. The solution is
> to forgive oneself, and not beat oneself up. This warning looks like beating
> oneself up.
>
> 2. Showing how much work needs to be done to catch up goes against some self
> improvement philosophies. E.g. dividing work into subtasks helps in not
> getting overwhelmed by the amount of work.  Or the recommendation to plan
> breaks in addition to planning to slog, otherwise the plan to slog becomes
> overwhelming and procrastinators give up.
>
> Of course, if it works for you, go for it.

Fair enough.

It seems I was not clear enough.  The detailed report on my work on this
day is one thing I only trigger manually.  The notification about me not
clocking anything says just "You have had no active clock for %d
minutes!".

Also, I have other devices in place to keep me on track.  The thing is,
they are day-based, and I felt that I need a bit more granularity.

Also, I understand that forgiving instead of beating oneself off is
important, and I do it when needed.  (I can always reduce the "amount of
work to do" manually, though I don't yet have any good UI for that.)

So you're right, but I think I do take into consideration.

And remember that this is an early prototype, also in terms of whether
it works for me or not.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski