Nicolas,

Thank you for your response. I now see that I had misunderstood the
documentation.

Also, it occurs to me that one can make use of single quotation marks as
primary quotes when mentioning a word without using it. Moreover, when
italics and double quotation marks are also present, the use of single
quotations as primary is necessary. For example:

'GNU' is an acronym for the phrase "GNU's Not Unix!" but GNU is an
> operating system and *not *an acronym.

Is it feasible to add an option to treat single quotation marks as primary
pairs on export?

Thanks,
Coleman Gariety