Thanks Ken,

This is a bit over my head still. I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

I see what it does (colors day-of-the-week 1 and day-of-the-week-3, which are
Monday and Wednesday, red) but not sure how to tie it to a category (so say,
category "vacation" would be red).

Once I have the function do that, I can go in and change it so that different
categories will be different colors.

BTW - can (background: ) take hex-color values?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.