I am going down a rabbit hole here...

Short question: how can I add a new link type to org?  It used to be
that we would use ~org-add-link-type~ but this is
deprecated.  Fine.  The documentation points to
~org-link-set-parameters~ instead but this can only set the parameters
for known links.  Known links seem to be defined by a complex regex in
~org-link-types-re~.

What is the replacement for ~org-add-link-type~ in the latest version of
org, if any?  Or do I have to both add to the regex and set link
parameters separately?

Thank you!
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.2-324-gd58827