On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 18:26 Steven Penny <svnp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont think you understand, I want what I work on and publish to be
> readable.
> On my own system thats easy enough, and your method would work fine. But
> if you
> publish to GitHub or other sites, they have their own view of what a proper
> display should be.
>
> For example with GitHub, you dont get to choose tab width, and you dont
> get to
> choose wrapping modes. GitHub uses 8 width tabs, and doesnt wrap at all.
> So if
> you have any long lines you have to horizontal scroll, and if you dont
> like tab
> width then you need to use spaces.
>
> Granted I could just set some user CSS, but then anyone else visiting my
> pages
> wont get the benefit of that.
>
> I would please ask that you not comment further on this off topic
> discussion.
> Unless you have an on topic comment regarding breaking long links I am not
> interested, thank you.

I think you did not explain your issue clearly, then—on GitHub, long lines
and long links are displayed perfectly, as this example with a
434-character line and your originally-mentioned link shows, with no
horizontal scrolling and no special styling:

https://gist.github.com/treyharris/fcfb2558806e35ffc8d3dd4502a06c39

So if neither what the Emacs screen displays nor what the site you say
you’re publishing to displays is on-topic, I don’t know what is on-topic.
What problem are you trying to solve exactly? A URL showing the horizontal
scrolling would be helpful.