Hi Jack,

Jack Kamm <jackk...@gmail.com> writes:

>> I've seen you update the NEWS entry, which is good: is there a way to
>> present the enhancements in the "* New features" section?  If you feel
>> like it, please advertize the enhancements there too.
>
> Given John's feedback, I now think it's better to put off this change to
> 9.5, if at all. So instead of updating NEWS, I'd prefer to revert this
> commit for now. Sorry for the noise! Looking forward to 9.4.

Sure, I just reverted the commit.

This discussion made me realize that the various Babel backends may
have different approaches wrt evaluating blocks, returning output and
results, interpreting empty output/result, etc.  The mere notion of a
"session" may differ from one language to another.

I wish we can push for more consistency here--perhaps the first stop
would be (1) to pick major backends and (2) document their behaviors.

I'm sure this could help enhancing Org babel code too.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien