Hi Daryl,

If it's for display purposes only, you might be able to simply use
display substitutions for things to appear the way you want. For
example, I use the technique described here:
https://pank.eu/blog/pretty-babel-src-blocks.html to replace the
begin/end_src strings with symbols. I did a quick test, and it seems
that =prettify-symbols-alist= (which is what this code uses) can only
replace for a single character, so I was not able to make it display
the three backticks, but there might be other techniques that can be
used.

--Diego