Am 30.05.20 um 17:36 schrieb William Denton:
> On 30 May 2020, Marvin M. Doyley wrote:
>
>> How do I export the subtree to separate org files, say
>>
>> - Candidate-a.org <http://candidate-a.org/>
>> - Candidate-b.org <http://candidate-b.org/>
>
> I'll throw out an uninformed suggestion of a possible direction:
> archiving subtrees.  I guess you'd have to keep changing the name of
> the target archive file, or rename it after you'd moved a tree to it,
> but at least it's getting a whole tree out of the way at once.

If you'll end up naming the files yourself, then I suggest killing the
whole subtree by C-c C-x C-w (|org-cut-subtree|) with point in the
heading, opening the new file, then yanking the subtree by C-c C-x C-y
(org-paste-subtree).

You could also use the refile mechanism for that, though I never managed
to wrap my head around that one.

HTH,
Julius