Hello,

TEC <tecos...@gmail.com> writes:

> Just a quick note: I'm yet to resolve this, so any further
> comments/help on this would be much appreciated :)

You're only able to preview LaTeX code supported by Org, so something
like `org-latex-regexp' is not really meant to be extended.

Org has limited support for LaTeX macros, i.e., this is not AucTeX. In
particular, it supports macros with at most one argument. With a proper
"latex_header" keyword, it should be possible to preview \ce{...}, but
not \SI{ … }{ … }. Likewise, the former will be correctly exported, but
not the latter.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou