On 2020-09-17, TEC wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This just replaces the current `org-html--build-meta-info' with a
> cleaner, more extensible (I also added a new variable)
> version. Please give it a look and let me know what you think!

Hi Timothy,

yes, I agree that org-html--build-meta-info needs work, and the HTML
backend would benefit from more documentation.  Back then [1], I
wondered which parts of meta data need to be treated how.  That was
continued in thread [2].

As pointed out back then, using org-export-data on the title is
wrong as it creates nested elements, leading to invalid HTML.

Currently, org-element-interpret-data is applied for author
information, while description and keywords are treated differently.

Your patch goes for org-html-encode-plain-text in the new function
org-html--build-meta-entry, which (if I’m not mistaken) produces
author and description.  Did you think about using
org-element-interpret-data instead?  What if that was used?
I believe this to be an important question as it might affect
backward compatibility and should be documented.

Does this really work for you?  For the author, first
org-html--build-meta-entry gets called from the new defcustom.  The
result is assigned with setq to form, which then is non-nil so that
org-html--build-meta-entry is applied again, leading to an error
here.

Besides, did you forget keywords or remove them on purpose?

Best wishes
Jens

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-09/msg00193.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-02/msg00368.html