On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 12:41 PM Pankaj Jangid <pan...@codeisgreat.org>
wrote:

> Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vuko...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > My current workflow is
> >
> >    1. Enter edit buffer (C-c ')
> >    2. Perform edits in the window
> >    3. Exit edit mode (C-c ')
> >    4. Evaluate code (C-c C-c)
> >    5. Monitor changes to resulting png file
> >
> > I would prefer instead to skip step 3, and evaluate the code from within
> > the edit mode.
> >
> > Is it possible to execute code from the edit buffer?
>
> 1. When I enter the edit mode (C-c ') it connects to plantuml server
> (that I don't like), and produces the error that you have specified:
> "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil".
>
> 2. Pressing C-c C-c in the edit buffer opens up plantuml preview but it
> gives some error: "The plugin you are using seems to generate a bad
> URL".
>
> I am on Emacs 28.x and default org 9.3.

So I tried C-c C-c and got the same response as Pankaj.

I traced the code to understand better and saw that plant-uml-exec-mode can
have settings of server and jar

With the jar setting (and after pointing a few variables to the jar file),
I am getting a different error:

error in process sentinel: PLANTUML Preview failed: exited abnormally with
code 1

The plantuml.el code seems to

   1. start a process and then
   2. pass the plantuml string to the process.

It is at step 2 that the error is issued.

Mirko