Hello. I just have a few cents I'd like to add.

Bastien <b...@gnu.org> writes:

> Thanks a lot for the kind words, appreciated.

You deserve them! :)

> ... but I'm very receptive to the real questions: how can we expose
> the latest Org to more testers? how can we recruit more contributors?

I actually have a few thoughts on this.  I'm afraid that I don't think
Org/Emacs are doing a good job of being accessible to younger
individuals who have never used a ML / sent patches before (I should
know, I'm one such individual, and the lack of familiarity was a
significant deterrent). Whether a ML is a more efficient way of doing
things or not ultimately doesn't matter in this regard, because it's
simply not something I or many others are used to.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating for getting rid of the ML and
jumping on GitHub etc. :P

I do however think we can do better in serving younger (potential)
contributors, without degrading the time-tested ML experience.

I'm doing a little investigation on this front, and hopefully will have
something to start a thread about in a few weeks :)

All the best,

Timothy.