Hongyi Zhao,

> I use Linux as my working environment exclusively. So, I can't access
> the native MS Office supplied for macOS/Windows. But I sometimes
> really need to manipulate and process MS Office documents, especially
> DOCX and XLSX files. Though there are some free and open source office
> suites, e.g. LibreOffice, but none of them can completely compatible
> with the MS Office.

i've been privileged, especially as i'm now retired, to say to people,
"sorry, i can't use excel; please send me a .csv file", just get the
data (no formulas, etc.), and go from there (i typically use R to look
at/analyze the data).  more than 95% of the time, i'm quite happy with
the results of this method.

cheers and good luck, Greg