Timothy <tecos...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been using inline src blocks a fair bit more recently, and I've
> thought it's a pity how bad they look as they are currently without
> fontification. A little digging into Org internals and font-lock later
> and we have this patch. I could speak about what's been done, but I
> think a screenshot does a much better comparison.
>
> For more details, see the attached patch.

Since this affects font-lock, display performance is obviously a key
concern, and so I have two things to note on that front:

1. I have been using this patch for over a month at this point,
   frequently in a ~10k line Org file (my Emacs config), and there has
   been no noticeable performance degradation
2. The most expensive part of this is the native syntax highlighting,
   which is only used when `org-src-fontify-natively' is t, and the
   second most expensive part (results formatting) is only performed
   when `org-inline-src-prettify-results' (a new variable) is t.

In brief: I don't anticipate any significant performance implications of
this patch, though of course second opinions would be great :)

--
Timothy