Sebastian Miele <sebastian.mi...@gmail.com> writes:
>David Masterson <dsmasterson92...@outlook.com> writes:
>> Sebastian Miele <sebastian.mi...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Currently org-syntax.org says that "TITLE can be made of any
>>> character but a new line.  Though, it will match after every other
>>> part have been matched."  This does not reflect the currently
>>> effective behavior that "* :t:" is a headline with title ":t:" and no
>>> tags.
>>
>> Can you describe what should happen in a parser grammar (ie. BNF)?  If
>> not, I would tend toward rethinking the structure of the Org file so
>> that it can be described in a grammar.  Having a good grammar for Org
>> files will promote it's acceptance beyond Emacs.
>
> [...]  However, the way I understand the above quote from
> org-syntax.org (which is, I think, in the end preferable) [...]

To be clearer: Preferable to the way it currently is implemented.

In the headline "* :t:", the above quote from org-syntax.org (at least
in my way of reading it) means TAGS ":t:" (which is an "other part [to
be] matched [before the TITLE]") and TITLE "" (which is matched "after
every other part").

But the way Org currently is implemented is different in such cases (no
TAGS, the ":t:" is the TITLE).