On Monday, 19 Jul 2021 at 14:52, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
> I used to have a global bibliography that my employees all used. Every
> project also had a local bibliography for citations that didn't appear
> in the global bibliography.  At the end of a project, after the editor
> had cleaned up the local bibliography, I'd merge it with the global
> bibliography using a utility called bibtool.

Just to add that I do the same.  However, I would have no problem with
local settings overriding the global setting as I would simply add the
global bibliography to the local setting.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-598-g604bfd
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096