Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@gmail.com> writes:

> Greg Minshall <minsh...@umich.edu> writes:
>
>> i can imagine wanting to have input files and
>> output files in separate directories.  (for ease in "make clean", if for
>> no other conceptual reason.)  (but, probably i don't understand.)

I agree with this thought. We should separate two directories.

> Makes sense. Currently, there is :dir header arg to set working
> directory (aka input files directory). Maybe we can introduce something
> like :results-dir header arg to set the output directory? It's value can
> be a directory path or symbol 'attach.
>
> `:results file :results-dir 'attach` will be equivalent of
> `:results file attach` in the patch proposed by Ryan Scott.
>
> WDYT?

I agree with this idea. Use ~:results-dir 'attach~ is better.

Will the patch be updated?

> Best,
> Ihor

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3