On Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 14:58, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Right, but how do you do this automatically?

John's given you an answer along the lines of what you wanted but I
would suggest that sometimes we over-complicate things?

LaTeX needs help because it's a lot more verbose.  Org, however, has a
very simple markup ("It's all text" ;-)) and just typing what you want
is often quicker!  Instead of key bindings to remember, I know I can
simply type

RET * <<label>> heading RET

and I'm done...

Likewise, typing the reference is simply typing [[label]].

And both bits above benefit from electric-pair-mode...

But I'm glad you found your solution in any case!

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5-230-g2bbac4 in Emacs 29.0.50
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096