On 02/12/2021 08:48, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

Well... I added yet another exception on main. Note that this special
case is also just in older Emacs versions.

Ihor, have you pushed the change? I still can reproduce the issue with
Emacs-26.3

Oops. I fixed Emacs 27, but apparently not Emacs 26. Should be fixed
now.

Unfortunately currently it fails in Emacs-26.3 event without "#+startup: indent":

Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected. Resetting. If this warning appears regularly, please report it to Org mode mailing list (M-x org-submit-bug-report).
The buffer is: new.org
 Current command: (nil 163 167)
 Chars modified: 163
 Buffer modified: 167
 Backtrace:
nil

Org: 521c534101

tree-sitter is comparable with org-element. org-element
parser is fairly fast and also uses incremental parsing ;)

tree-sitter vs. org-element on 15M Org file
org-element-parse-buffer
(16.090262757 1 0.7365683609999962)

I hope, Timothy will fix bugs in his new fast parser. Anyway thank you for sharing these results. I have not looked closely at various parsers, I only created a rudimentary one that understands just headings and links to call it from my browser extension (no more than proof of concept).