> On Dec 21, 2021, at 2:53 PM, Rudolf Adamkovič <salu...@me.com> wrote:
>
> I struggle to understand.  Why do we need a customization?  If Org knows
> that some backend exists but has no execute function, why does it even
> try to execute it?  It cannot.  Do I miss something?

Sorry if my prior posts were garbled. To clarify:

When exporting src blocks for which there is no execute function for the lang,
the block will not be executed and the export will proceed.

When evaluating src blocks in other circumstances, e.g. M-x
org-babel-execute-buffer, the process will terminate when
org-babel-execute-src-block issues `(error "No org-babel-execute function for
%s!" lang))'

The latter can be a clue that the name of a lang is misspelled or that
org-babel-load-languages needs to be customized to provide the execute function.

IMO, nothing needs fixing. The ability to handle OP's original issue is already
in place.

HTH,
Chuck