Hi Tom,

The simplest fix right now would be to prepend your coderef
> with the python comment symbols # |hello| so that at the very least it
> won't break your tangled files.

Actually, that is exactly what I have done as a quick fix. It has a minor
inconvenience: anything else included on the line is colored as if it were
a comment in the final PDF, and I intended to add a symbol to mark the
reference. Not a big deal, but it looks different than intended.

I would like to see this implemented,
> so let's see what Nicolas has to say.

I would like to contribute something. Maybe a test to show what is the
behavior to expect. Thanks for your reassurance that this is not an error
on my side!